Let’s take a little crash course on the psychology behind investing. Especially when it comes to a market crash, you’ll want to understand the lasting impact that has on the decisions you make with money. In this episode, we explore how major financial events in American history have influenced people’s relationships with money and how they make investment decisions and compare this information to some recent psychological studies.
From the Great Depression to the dot-com bubble, we’ll examine how different historical events can shape your financial life. Being aware of how this history impacts your choices can then help you make good decisions with investing today.
Here are some of the major events we cover on today’s show:
- The Great Depression shaped a generation. (2:16)
- Black Monday caused panic in 1987. (9:01)
- The Dotcom crash hit some right before retirement. (11:28)
- The Great Recession took many by surprise. (14:55)
- Where are we now? (18:45)