Money can’t buy love, but it can certainly start some spicy debates between you and your better half. In this episode, we’re digging into the financial face-offs that make Monopoly fights look like child’s play and exploring some money minefields that can test even the most solid relationships. Listen in as we explore how to resolve some of the most common financial sources of tension between couples.
In part one of this two-part series, we’ll discuss some areas where couples commonly disagree on financial decisions, such as risk tolerance in investments, the best age to retire, and more. Nathan will share some ways to deal with these disagreements and discuss creating a shared vision for your retirement. Whether you’re just beginning to think about retirement, or already in the thick of it, stay tuned to see how working with a professional can help you navigate the financial tensions that can accompany retirement planning.
Here are the reasons we talk through on today’s show:
- Differing views on risk tolerance in investments. 3:19
- Disagreeing on the best age to retire. 6:24
- Leaving behind a legacy for your children. 8:14
- Should we keep our home or downsize? 10:25
- Are you on the same page about your retirement lifestyle? 12:18