Following the wedding of Nathan’s son, we wanted to discuss the many things retirement planning and wedding planning have in common. From financial management in the planning process to preparing for the needs and wants of multiple people, there’s a lot to think about. Everybody hopes it will be perfect, but you know that life is going to throw you curveballs. Having a plan will help you prepare, and having a good mindset will help you get through the tougher times in both marriage and retirement planning.
Stay tuned as we draw comparisons between these big life moments. We’ll talk about the important financial pieces that you need to consider with both of these events and the critical need to budget, plan, and prepare for the unexpected.
Here’s what you’ll learn on today’s show:
- Financial management is required for weddings and retirement. 3:29
- The planning process involves setting goals and priorities. 6:45
- You have to consider the needs of multiple people. 10:03
- Both wedding and retirement planning can be stressful. 12:55
- Both events require a giant leap of faith. 16:19